LET’S TAKE OVER 2020
TEN YOUNG PEOPLE. ONE BUILDING. IT'S A TAKE OVER.
LET’S TAKE OVER is a one night only free arts festival produced by 10 multidisciplinary young artists aged 16 – 25 years.
Northcote Town Hall reimagined by emerging artists as an interactive artscape and a post colonial paradise of social resistance and celebration.
Over the last 16 weeks, we have been working together to bring you:
• blak workshops where you can learn about indigenous cultural practice
• roving rainbow ice cream cart
• interactive theatre piece focusing on smell and memory
• live music
• video art installation reflecting on our relationship to waste
• visual art exhibitions
• subversive youth art market in the civic square
• performance about young women’s anger
• youth panel discussion about ‘young adulting’
• medals for your everyday triumphs, and much more.
We make art that speaks to our values and the values of our communities. Through a synthesis of art forms and experiences, we will provoke, disrupt and create a space for complex dialogue.
A collaboration and disruption from 10 emerging artists, we seek to create unity and show solidarity. Each of us come from different worlds with our own unique skill sets, art forms and life experience; but collectively we are the resistance of Northcote Town Hall and we are taking over!
Join us from 5pm and enter a world of art that no-one has experienced before.
We acknowledge, respect and honour the Wurundjeri of the Kulin nation and recognise the privilege it is to create on these unceded lands.
See you there,
Ivy Luo, Fardowza Yussuf, Dashiel Agar, Yasmin Rose, Lauren Sheree, Brittney Hodges, Tallulah McKenzie, Edwina Green, Al Lindeberg, and Ashleigh Morris
– the 2020 LET’S TAKE OVER ARTISTS
22 February, 2020
5PM - 9PM
Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre, 189 High Street, Northcote, 3070
Appropriate for all ages.
Food trucks on site.
Alcohol free event.
No bookings required, just turn up.