Event Producer Applications Now Open
On 21 August 2017 Darebin Council passed a resolution that from 2018 onwards, Darebin Council will host an inclusive and culturally-appropriate event on an agreed date in partnership with the Darebin Aboriginal Advisory Committee that recognises and celebrates First Nations peoples.
This was just one of 12 resolutions made:
City of Darebin is now looking to engage an Event Producer to program and deliver this event in 2019.
The Event Producer will:
– Work with the Darebin Aboriginal Advisory Committee and in consultation with the Festivals and Events unit to program and deliver an event that celebrates First Nations peoples
– Develop relationships with local community and venues as required to inform programming
– Contribute to the development of marketing plans
– Liaise with the Festivals and Events unit to deliver on a culturally inclusive program and event that reflects the aspirations and vision by First Nations peoples
– Liaise with the Festivals and Events unit around all logistics and production requirements for the event.
– Festivals and Events Unit
– Equity and Diversity Unit
– Communications Unit
– Darebin Aboriginal Advisory Committee
– Traditional Owners
– Artists and musicians
– Production contractors
February — Interviews to be held
February/March — Event Producer to commence
June — Draft program presented
September — Event delivery (exact date TBC)
September/October — Debrief
A payment of $20,000 (plus GST if applicable) is available for this project.
Payments will be made as followed:
– Payment 1 (upon project commencement) — $7,000
– Payment 2 (upon presentation of finalised event program) — $7,000
– Payment 3 (upon delivery of event & completed debrief) — $6,000
How to Apply
Please send an expression of interest including a cover letter and CV with at least two current references to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 13 February 2019. Your cover letter should include:
– An overview of your skills and experience as relevant to the role
– Why you are interested in the role and why you would be a good fit
– What draws you to the project
– Your links to the Darebin community, and to the Aboriginal community in Darebin and more broadly.
If you would like to discuss your application with a Council officer, please call Mandy Bathgate, Coordinator Equity and Diversity on 03 8470 8365.
Strong preference will be given to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants.