Darebin Arts Speakeasy Applications 2017
Applications for Darebin Arts Speakeasy performance presentation program are now open.
Darebin Art’s Speakeasy program partners with leading artists and companies to provide the highest quality experiences to audiences at the Northcote Town Hall. We program high quality work from artistic leaders and companies in the small to medium sector to be an integral part of the cultural ecology of Melbourne and Australia’s artistic landscape.
Download the application form HERE (right click and save the file).
Applications are now open for our fourth year of this highly successful program. Building upon our last three years, Darebin Art’s Speakeasy has staged a huge variety of works to critical acclaim and large enthusiastic audiences. The program presents contemporary, critical work about our society and the world that we want to live in, providing engaging artistic experiences that question the mainstream and remove barriers. The program will again consist of an eclectic mix of genres and styles, guaranteeing an engaging experience for audiences. Works for the Northcote Town Hall’s two studio spaces and Main Hall are being sought.
Guided by Darebin Art’s strategy, Creative Darebin, we are looking to program work that can demonstrate and empathy with Darebin’s goals:
- Vibrant and Visionary – of a proven professional standard. Performance works that are at the leading edge of contemporary cultural trends and discussions. Artistic presentations that talk to current community concerns and celebrations
- Connected – particularly across communities and between generations
- Inclusive – particularly but not limited to these 2 primary priorities the 5 targeted areas of our community
– Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders community
– Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) communities
All artists and companies are encouraged to apply, you do not have to be a Darebin resident.
If you are considering applying you must contact the Arts Programming Coordinator Beau McCafferty on email@example.com or 03 8470 8531 to discuss your idea.
Closing date: Wednesday 7th September