Photography Greta Costello
n-SCRIBE is an annual magazine produced by Darebin Arts and featuring the work of writers who live, work or study in the City of Darebin.
n-SCRIBE publishes fiction, non-fiction, poetry, short story, journalism, creative non-fiction, memoir and images. n-SCRIBE aims to uncover, celebrate and stimulate writing, arts and reading culture in Darebin. Published once each year in November.
Work is selected for publication by a working group of writers/editors.
n-SCRIBE employs a blind submission process, work should be submitted via the online form without your name.
n-SCRIBE is a free publication, copies of the magazine are distributed at all Darebin libraries, Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre, cafes, and other Darebin community hubs.
• We accept poetry, fiction and non-fiction
• Only unpublished work accepted. The submitted entry must not have been published or accepted for publication by any publisher including online blogs, journals and self-published websites
• We accept work in 12 point, times new roman 1.5 spacing
• Each page must be numbered
• Each page must have a title on it
• All submissions must be sent in .doc, .docx. Title your uploaded file as follows. Your initials_title of work
pdf or ipad documents will not be accepted
• Word limit 1500 words
• Limit of two works per person
• You must provide a submission form for each work you submit
• Please make sure your name does not appear on submitted work
• We accept works only via the online submission form
• Only works chosen to be published will be notified
• We will accept work written in languages other than English, with translation included
• You must be 18 years old to submit to n-SCRIBE
Send us polished work, check spelling and grammar before you upload submissions.
Please note works are only accepted via the online form, no emailed or hard copies accepted.
n-SCRIBE has a working group of nine writers/curators/editors/self published authors, that guide the publishing process.
If you wish to join the n-SCRIBE working group please please read the link below with Working Groups Terms and Conditions below.
Who can I contact for further information?
Editor n-SCRIBE 14
Click on the covers to read past issues of n-SCRIBE magazine.
n-SCRIBE Working Group
The working group for n-SCRIBE is a voluntary group of writers and editors.
Working with the Engagement Producer, the group meets over a three month period. Meetings are held in the evenings in the City of Darebin.
The group selects submitted work for publication in categories e.g. fiction, non-fiction, poetry. Three group members work together on each genre. This means the group is usually nine people in total. The working group also selects readings for the launch of n-SCRIBE each year in November.
The term of working group members is three years, unless otherwise agreed by the group.
Working group members must live, work, study in the City of Darebin
Information about joining the Working Group here.
Send your CV and a brief statement of your publishing/editing/writing experience to the email address below. All enquiries to
Creative Culture and Events