Terms and Conditions:
Tickets sold are subject to the Live Performance Australia (LPA Ticketing code of Practice and to City of Darebin’s full terms and conditions. This ticket is also sold subject to any additional conditions as notified by the presenter. Anyone purchasing a ticket or attending an event agrees to abide by these terms and conditions.
All ticket prices include GST, your confirmation email is your tax receipt.
All bookings must be paid for at the time of processing, we are unable to accept ticket reservations at this time. We accept Visa, MasterCard online, and additionally EFTPOS and cash in person. Contactless payment methods are preferred.
Fees and Charges
Transaction, refund and exchanges fees may be applicable to cover administrative costs, please refer to our current fees and charges listed on our venue websites.
Concessions must be Australian issued and valid at the time of booking. Proof of concession must be provided to gain access to the venue or event if being admitted on a concession ticket. Failure to provide a valid proof will result in an upgrade fee on that ticket.
Darebin Resident Price
For some shows we may have a Darebin Resident ticket price available. This is for anyone attending who lives and resides in the City of Darebin.
City of Darebin accepts Companion Cards for all performances. To book, contact our box office and provide the card number and expiry date when purchasing tickets to receive one complimentary companion ticket.
Children under 2 years old will be admitted without a ticket to performances deemed appropriate, provided they sit on a ticket holders lap and do not occupy a seat.
For specified family and children’s shows, only babies under 12 months old will be admitted without a ticket.
Prams/pushchairs are not permitted within the theatres and must be stored in the foyer areas designated by venue staff.
For some shows we may have a preview performance at the beginning of the run. The purpose of a preview is so that the creative team can see the full show with a live audience and make amendments before opening night.
The City of Darebin is committed to improving access for all people.
– All venues within the Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and Darebin Arts and Entertainment Centre are wheelchair accessible. Not all seating is accessible, please contact our box office when purchasing your tickets.
– City of Darebin accepts Companion Cards for all performances. To book, contact our box office and provide the card number and expiry date when purchasing tickets to receive one complimentary companion ticket.
– Guide and assistance dogs are welcome at our venues. Please notify staff when purchasing tickets.
– Auslan interpreters may be arranged subject to the discretion and budget of the event producer. Please contact the box office to enquire.
– A Phonic Ear Hearing Augmentation System is installed in the Darebin Arts and Entertainment Centre Main Auditorium and the Northcote Town Hall Studio 1 and Studio 2. Please notify box office when purchasing tickets that you require this service.
– Multilingual translation services are available when purchasing during office hours, please ask box
– National Relay Service:
TTY users please phone 133 677 and ask for the relevant box office number.
ii. Speak and Listen users please phone 1300 555 727 and ask for the relevant box office number.
iii. Internet Relay users please connect to www.iprelay.com.au/call/index.aspx and ask for the
relevant box office number.
All tickets booked can be emailed instantly, alternatively we can offer for tickets to be held at the box office for collection on the day of the performance.
Patrons are required to show proof of identification in the form of the payment card used for purchase or photo ID. In the absence of identification, tickets will be issued at the discretion of the box office staff.
– uncollected tickets will not be re-sold and are non-refundable.
Performances will commence promptly at the advertised time. City of Darebin reserve the right to admit latecomers only if/when there is a suitable break in the performance and to re-allocate seating. City of Darebin reserves the right to refuse entry to prevent disruption to other patrons and the performance.
Conditions of Entry
City of Darebin is not responsible for any loss, damage, harm or injury arising from a customer’s entry or performance within the venue premises.
– Admission into our venues is at the discretion of our venue staff. Any patron causing a disturbance during the performance will be asked to leave and will not be entitled to a refund of their ticket.
Refunds and exchanges
All tickets are non-refundable, unless required by law or in accordance with the Live Performance Australia Ticketing Code of Practice. This includes when a patron is late, unable to attend or chooses not to attend a performance.
It is the responsibility of the customer to check the details of their ticket booking immediately upon purchase.
Exemptions may include when a performance is rescheduled or cancelled, or at the discretion of the Ticketing Supervisor.
For exchanges in relation to Covid-19, please see our Covid-19 exchange specific policy.
Replacement tickets or a lost ticket pass will be issued at the discretion of the Ticketing Supervisor and/or box office staff prior to the performance.
Cameras and recording devices
Cameras and other recording devices are not permitted unless when explicitly allowed. City of Darebin reserves the right to request the deletion of any unauthorised photos or video footage.
Performance information, cancellations and changes
Every effort is made to ensure dates, times, prices and all other information are correct at the time of publication and communication.
– City of Darebin and/or the presenter reserves the right to change dates, times, programming, artists, audience capacity and duration of a production, including cancellation or postponement without notice. City of Darebin and box office staff will make every effort to notify all patrons who have purchased a ticket via the website, email reminders and social media channels, where appropriate.
– Seating within the theatre venues at Northcote Town Hall Arts Centre and Darebin Arts and Entertainment Centre may be altered or adjusted with or without prior notice. If a ticketed seat is no longer available, customers will be relocated to another comparable seat at no additional cost. In circumstances when the house seat configuration has been significantly altered, City of Darebin will attempt to disclose this configuration in event information.
– City of Darebin will endeavour to disclose age recommendations, warnings, strobe, nudity, haze and any other potentially confronting content to audience members prior to the production.
– in the event of a performance cancellation, a refund will be provided to the original ticket purchaser. If you have purchased a ticket from an unauthorised seller, we cannot guarantee a refund.
Tickets for performances and events are valid only when purchased from an agent authorised by City of Darebin. Tickets may not be on-sold or offered for sale at a premium. City of Darebin reserves the right to cancel tickets without refund any tickets that have been resold.
Coronavirus ticketing policy
- By purchasing tickets and coming to our venues, you agree that you will adhere to our implemented health and safety measures in line with the Victorian Government Guidelines.
- Any individuals who do not adhere to these will be removed from the venue and will not be entitled to a refund.
- Where possible, contactless payment is preferred to help minimise the handling of physical items at our venues.
- We strongly encourage you to take advantage of using electronic tickets. These can be printed at home or shown on your mobile device. The Box Office will be open prior to the performance for customer support, however minimising contact where possible is preferred.
- If you are experiencing Covid-19 symptoms or awaiting results from a Covid-19 test, you can exchange your ticket to another performance of the same show.
- City of Darebin may cancel or reschedule an event at any time and without notice if it is deemed that the event should not proceed for reasons of public safety including, without limitation, due to risks associated with Covid-19.
- Disclaimer and exclusion: The ticket holder enters the venue and attends the event at their own risk and will not make any claim or take any action against the venue in respect of any injury or damage they may suffer arising out of the ticket holder contracting Covid-19 or the consequences of any actual or suspected contact with a person with Covid-19.